Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Music is the language of the spirit

Once upon a time, Victor Hugo said:
"Music expresses that which cannot be said and on which it is impossible to be silent."

In this vein, I intend to write a blog that shares my thoughts, whims, impressions, and passionate impressions about music, EVEN IF it is fruitless to do so. Because as Mr. Hugo has stated, it is impossible to be silent on this subject matter.

I hope that you'll find it inspiring, thoughtful AND useful in choosing new music. The most that I can do is possibly influence who and what you listen to. I LOVE sharing music and hearing about new music. I hope that you feel inclined to share some of your favorite music as well.

Now I ain't no music critic. But I do have a wide perspective on various music out there. Everything from Guns N Roses to Tegan and Sarah to Boards of Canada to The White Stripes. I mean there's a wide variety! However, I would be surprised if you read much about country music on this blog. Or death metal. But you never know. I hesitate to place any boundaries on my musical tastes.

And just because I like something...doesn't mean you should. I expect that a blog about music would be less controversial than one about politics, but I could be very surprised. I think that people's passion for their favorite band could be as emotional and heated as their favorite candidate. We will see....


No comments: